Solid Edge provides a complete sheet metal design system from modeling, flattening and manufacturing documentation. Create straight brake, rolled or transition type components complete with flanges, holes, relief, and corner options. You can validate designs for manufacturing, document the bend sequence and send flat patter DXF files directly to production.
Efficient display management tools, such as configurations and design zones, help you focus on relevant parts and tasks; this is ideal for concurrent design. Modeling performance receives a significant boost from an inactive lightweight mode that frees memory of unused data. Support for 64-bit computers lets you open and work with your largest designs faster and more efficiently. Manage designs from 1 to 100,000 parts with Solid Edge.
Drawings are the key deliverable for many companies, and Solid Edge focuses on helping you decrease costs by reducing drawing production time. Dimension retrieval and automatic parts lists with balloons speed detailing time. Drawings are always kept up to date by alerting users of any change in the referenced 3D model. Unmatched parts list configurability enables accurate communication throughout the design process.
Solid Edge XpresRoute eases the design of mechanical routed systems. Designers can specify attributes such as size, extents and end treatments via simple dialog boxes. For piping systems, 3D pipes, fittings and components are automatically positioned and correctly oriented upon population. All components are fully associative and update with the parts to which they are connected. When the assembly model is modified, pipes and tubes automatically adapt to design changes.
• Model scaling: Models can be scaled up or down, uniformly or non-uniformly, in preparation for conceptual prototype design and 3D printing, and accounting for shrinkage in molddesign.
• Free hand sketching (Draw command): Mobile design is advanced via the introduction of Microsoft Inking technology for freehand sketching within the Solid Edge Draw command. When working with a Surface device, pen strokes are converted to analytical sketches on the fly, truly making the tablet a “digital napkin.”
• 3D sketch Improvements: Now all 3D sketch curves can be split at specified key points with automatically generated relationships.And, routing lines are defined by and behave as 3D sketch curves created between all types of key points. This makes routes available in all design environments, with display properties common to curves.
Many teams design products utilizing components imported from other CAD systems. With the rapid growth of high-resolution 3D scanners, even legacy parts designed on the drawing board can be digitally represented and modified to suit contemporary designs without complete reconstruction. Solid Edge delivers tools that speed your reverse engineering workflows.
• Mesh cleanup tools help to obtain bodies more conducive to modification and eventually downstream manufacturing. Delete unwanted meshes, and even repair defects such as gaps and holes.
• Region identification commands analyze triangular mesh regions and categorize them as traditional entities such as planes, cylinders, spheres and b-spline surfaces.
•Surface extraction techniques assist in converting identified mesh regions into faces that can be manipulated via Solid Edge’s powerful surface design tools.
Solid Edge ST10 enables fast publication of manufacturing and assembly instructions,training manuals, spec sheets and more. Solid Edge Illustrations software creates illustration sets directly from Solid Edge geometry and product and manufacturing (PMI) annotations, while Solid Edge 3D Publishing generates customizable, multi-page documents. The interoperability between these tools allows seamless creation of step-by-step process instructions from exploded views and multiple product configurations ‒ even permitting use of multiple 3D models in a single document. Edits to Solid Edge models can automatically propagate to the publications.
Solid Edge Simulation is an easy-to-use, built-in finite element analysis (FEA) tool for design engineers to digitally validate part and assembly designs within the Solid Edge environment.
Based on proven Femap finite element modelling and NX Nastran solver technology,Solid Edge Simulation significantly reduces the need for physical prototypes,which lowers your material and testing costs, and saves design time.
Solid Edge Flow Simulation is the only front loading computational fluid dynamics(CFD) analysis tool that is fully embedded in Solid Edge.
Designfusion is the largest dedicated solution provider of Siemens PLM software in North America. With an expert support team and a decade of history in the industry designfusion is the #1 choice for companies looking to best enhance their software acquisition.
60 Scarsdale Rd, Unit 119
Toronto, Ontario, M3B 2R7
1919, Boulevard Lionel-Bertrand
Suite 101, Boisbriand, QC
J7H 1N8, Canada