There are many strategic benefits that are a result of 3D printing electronics enclosures.
· Customization – adding branding and serialization to your parts is done by the design team and cost no extra machine time.
· Inventory Management – print parts only as they are needed.
· Faster Development – prototyping on the same printer that you will produce on provides maximum information at the prototyping stage.
· Miniaturization – complex shapes are as easy to manufacture as simple ones. This allows you to build enclosures that wrap around parts as close as possible.
· Reduced Assembly Labour – part unification means less parts to manage and assemble.
· Continual improvement – because you are printing just in time and there are no manufacturing costs to changing the design you can implement design changes immediately.
3D printing with HP Jet Fusion simplifies the process even further. There are zero supports required and assemblies can be printed in place. Common features we see are:
Hole patterns for cooling.
Printed in place latch and hinge.
Standoffs and cutouts to interface with your electronics.
Even with all these benefits we see companies still hesitant to change. Hesitation typically falls into two categories, economics and design. HP technology is driving down the price of parts which is actually providing all the benefits above at a lower cost. If you have designs we can turn around a cost per part analysis in no time. If you don’t currently have designers onsite, Designfusion can sell reverse engineering services and help to facility design improvements. If you need software to do this yourself Solid Edge is a great package. We now have training online you can take at your own speed and at a fraction of the cost.
Designfusion is the largest dedicated solution provider of Siemens PLM software in North America. With an expert support team and a decade of history in the industry designfusion is the #1 choice for companies looking to best enhance their software acquisition.
60 Scarsdale Rd, Unit 119
Toronto, Ontario, M3B 2R7
1919, Boulevard Lionel-Bertrand
Suite 101, Boisbriand, QC
J7H 1N8, Canada