Product configuration systems are used to configure the design of modular products according to customer requirements. With shorter product life-cycles, increased use of third-party products and the need to reduce lead times, manual handling of the product configuration task is becoming a bottle-neck. The cost of configuration errors alone can represent several percent of a company’s revenue.
Companies worldwide rely on product configurators to deliver customized products to their customers with speed and accuracy. EdgeConfig for Solid Edge meets the demands of today’s competitive marketplace by simplifying the process of designing and quoting customized products, accelerating production lead times and increasing quote-to-order ratios and accuracy.
EdgeConfig is an out-of-the-box solution that is easy to implement, simple to maintain, and extremely easy to use. Its automated design and quoting functionality helps to maximize productivity and achieve a real competitive edge. EdgeConfig works in conjunction with the industry leading mechanical 3D CAD system Solid Edge and can communicate with all major business systems – including ERP - via XML, text, or MS Excel formats.
Available in Basic and Professional packages, EdgeConfig answers the needs of all companies that offer customized products to their clients. The configurator automates repetitive cost estimation and design tasks and assures precise, rapid and effective results.
EdgeConfig is all about Streamlining the design process. Using EdgeConfig a company can:
• Provide your sales force, distributors or clients the ability to see and demonstrate your custom engineer to order
product offering and capabilities complete with options and accessories.
• Instantly specify (or configure) the products to any level of detail.
• Easy to use tools for your company to create and revise at anytime product configuration rules.
• The software will guide your users in displaying graphic images of your products and the available option and accessories.
• Once the configuration questionnaire is filled-out, a complete 3D CAD model with drawings and BOM are instantly available.
Automatically generates 3D CAD model, drawing files and BOM and Components list for manufacturing when your non-engineering personnel, sales person, distributor or client fills out quote requirements
Automatically generates Sales Quotations for a specified product configuration. Save time and delays in quotation process and close a sale on the spot.
Automatically outputs flexible Bill Of Material. Instant release of BOM for your custom products, as specified by the sales person, distributors or customers themselves, saves time and delays, enables order fulfillment as soon as an order is placed
Your engineers are enabled to set up product rules, conditions and options of any complexity and drive product parameters and dimensions to meet specifications. No special programming skills are required in order to become proficient with EdgeConfig Product Configurator.
Designfusion has an excellent reputation for delivering implementation services on time and on budget worldwide. We have accumulated more than 15 years of “best practices” which provide immediate value to new and existing customers. Our team comes from cross-section of industries with extensive experience in complex and large-scale installation projects.
With our extensive expertise in Mechanical CAD, Product Configuration, networking, data base, business and manufacturing IT systems, we provide a total solution approach. Our goal is to maximize your return on your investment as quickly as possible.
• We install and perform an initial set up of EdgeConfig system
• We integrate EdgeConfig with your CAD application
• We integrate EdgeConfig with your ERP system when needed
• We test the system and ensure all settings and integrations are performing to your requirements
• We provide hands-on training.
• Your engineering staff will have a thorough understanding of how to set-up product rules and logic. In a typical implementation session we will perform a complete set up for at least one product.
• We also can train your sales personnel or, as many customers choose to do, train the trainer.
• Typical implementation projects are complete in as short as 5 days period of time.
EdgeConfig Implementation Pre-requisites:
1) Mechanical CAD system Solid Edge and MS SQL server must be installed prior to EdgeConfig installation.
2) Designfusion provides full implementation, training and technical support to maximize your return on investment.
3) No special programming skills are required for your team in order to set up product design rules and logic and to
manage any aspect of the EdgeConfig system.
Designfusion sells EdgeConfig and related services all across Canada and the United States. If you are looking for pricing information, a demo, or have additional questions just fill out the form below and we will be in touch right away.
WHO WE ARE:
Designfusion is the largest dedicated solution provider of Siemens PLM software in North America. With an expert support team and a decade of history in the industry designfusion is the #1 choice for companies looking to best enhance their software acquisition.
Keep in touch on Google+ :
305 Milner Ave, Suite 308
Toronto, Ontario, M1B 3V4
Toll Free: 1-888-567-3933
1400 E Touhy Ave, Suite 477
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Toll Free: 1-866-921-1830
3477 Corporate Parkway, Suite 104 Center Valley, PA 18034 USA
Toll Free: 1-866-921-1830
2734, rue Étienne Lenoir
Laval, Quebec. H7R 0A3. Canada.
871, rue Shefford, suite 201, Bromont, Quebec, J2L 1C4. Canada
Toll Free: 1-866-534-5682
Designfusion proudly supports all of North America in both English and French.
Note: The technical support hotline is for maintenance paying customers only.
5940 MacLeod Trail, Suite 500. Calgary, Alberta,
T2H 2G4. Canada
2809 Wehrle Drive,
Williamsville, NY 14221
2828 Boulevard Laurier, Suite 782, Québec, QC, G1V 0B9, Canada.
Quebec City, QC