A “Quicksheet” is a template of drawing views that are not linked to a model. You can then drag a model from the Library tab or from Windows Explorer onto the template, and the views populate with the model. If you have standard views on a particular size of drawing, for example, you can have the Draft preconfigured to populate itself based on the model you place on the sheet.
You will to need to set up a Draft sheet (but do not use production drawing as the drafting information will be removed upon save) with your views and other items such as Parts Lists.
1. Go to the SE Application button
2. From the Application menu, choose the “Create Quicksheet Template” command.
3. Save the file to a location and give it a name that easily identifies it. It is best to place this on a network area other users can get to if it is useful to share the Quicksheet. It is also best to locate it in a similar area to where the company templates for SE reside.
* Almost all view properties, including general properties, text and color properties, and annotation properties, are maintained. However, some display properties, such as selected parts display, Show Fill Style, and Hidden Edge Style, are not maintained.
Now a Quicksheet template has been created, but how do we use it?
1. Open your Quicksheet template (either through Windows Explorer or if you set up your User Templates and placed the Quicksheets in that location hit New>Quicksheet> and select your Quicksheet).
2. Drag and drop your desired Part or Assy onto the sheet from Windows Explorer or through the Library tab in Solid Edge.
3. Solid Edge will place the geometry and will be ready for the next steps.