In the following example I wish to show only the weld bead as a solid in the draft view.
To do this, I first create a Fill Style by doing the following:
• On the Home tab > Dimension group select the Styles command.
• Select Fill from the Style types: list, in the Style dialog.
• Click on the New button in the Style dialog.
• In the Name: field type in a new name, for the style. In this example I used Weld.
• Move to the Properties tab and select a desired fill color from the Solid color: pull-down list.
• In this example I selected Dk Gray. Click OK.
• Click Apply to accept the new Fill Style.
Now I can paint the sections in the draft view by doing the following:
• From the Sketching tab > Draw group, select the Fill command.
• Select the Weld fill type, from the list in the command bar.
• Now select the enclosed areas that you wish to paint on the draft views.
I now have a solid looking weld bead, while maintaining the wireframe look to the rest of the parts in the drawing view.