How-to create a reference view in draft and keeping associativity to your assembly.
1) Place the assembly has you would normally do in a MASTER MODEL draft,
2) To create the individual views, return to the MODELING environment.
3) Open the exploded view menu
4) Orient the view to the desire position and save as
5) From the exploded view menu, select hide component to hide the unwanted part
6) Hide the component
7) You can use the show component in view to show component
8) Save the work view when done
9) To change the work view to a canned view, RMB in the work environment and select replace view, from there select any view or use custom for a more specific view.
10) Return back to the drafting environment and add the newly create view to your sheet